Monday, October 29, 2012

Catching Up

I guess we have a lot of catching up to do! I'll start a couple of weekends ago with my shower up in Minneapolis.  Mom and dad came up for a long weekend since it was also Sophia's first birthday.  Saturday afternoon was my shower and our friend Jessica's house was packed with my awesome friends and family.  Aunt Judy and cousin Andi were there from Wisconsin as well!  The shower was so nice - lots of yummy treats and loads of Peeps for me to take home.  As usual, everyone was very generous and my car was packed with gifts to take home.  Later that night we had a family dinner with cake at Jen's house afterwards to celebrate Sophia's birthday. 

Last week I actually experienced my first Braxton Hicks contraction - that was not fun.   I was walking to work from my car when it hit.  I was able to keep walking, but very slowly.  It lasted for a good minute or so and I hoped that I could make it to work.   I did, and went straight to the kitchen to get some water - that's what they recommend to try first.  I must have just been very dehydrated because as soon as I gulped down the water, I started to feel better. While it was not a fun experience, at least I got a little taste of what my early labor will be like!  Hopefully that won't be for a while though...


No comments:

Post a Comment