Last weekend I was able to head down to Iowa City for my very first baby shower. At first, I wasn't going to go down because neither Jen nor Barry could drive down with me and I didn't feel that comfortable driving by myself at this point in the pregnancy. My totally awesome friend Amanda really wanted to help, so she flew in from Denver and drove down with me to Iowa. It was so great of her to do and it gave us some nice quality time in the car together - we really hadn't been able to spend much time together since both of us had been married a couple of years back.
The shower was so great! The theme was to help build a library for our little guy, so guests were encouraged to bring a book that we could include in our library. They even used books to decorate around the room. In the pictures, you'll see that the cupcakes were decorated with mini book covers and they made a mobile as well.
I have such great friends! This weekend I have another shower up here in the cities - time to see more awesome friends. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment