Hello! We are at week 21.5 and there isn't much new going on. The baby has been moving a lot, so I get to feel little flutters here and there. I feel bad for Barry because he really wants to feel it too, but for now, the movement is just taking place inside.
I've spoken to my doctor about the yucky heartburn I had been getting and he suggesting taking a break from my prenatal vitamins. Lo and behold, my heartburn has been much better! Yay! I still take folic acid, plus he suggested taking a Flintstones children's vitamin daily. I was super happy for that advice because I have always loved those Flintstone vitamins!
We had a bit of a scare yesterday with Sophia. Jen decided to try introducing her to eggs via the omelette she was having for breakfast and noticed about 20 min later that Sophia had hives all over her face! We called the doctor who told us to take her to the emergency room. By the time we got there, poor Sophia's eyes had swollen and she had more hives on her hands and back. They treated her with epinephrine, benadryl, and steroids and made us stay there for 3 1/2 hours to make sure that she got better. What a long day it ended up being! Jen will take Sophia to the doctor for more testing, but for now, she has to avoid anything made with eggs. The idea of baby/kid allergies is pretty scary and I hope we can be so lucky as to avoid anything major!
No comments:
Post a Comment