Friday, June 15, 2012

12 weeks in and the baby is squirmy!

Yesterday I saw the genetic counselor to learn all about the possible genetic issues that could happen with the baby and to talk about the testing we were going to move forward with.  We spent about 25 minutes talking about family history and they asked me questions that were very hard to answer.  They wanted to know what each of our grandparents died of, as well as what diseases people might have acquired at early ages.  Unfortunately, a lot of my answers were "I don't know!"  :)
What I didn't know was that I was going to have an ultrasound as part of the appointment!  They do it at this point to look at different markers such as how long the sack of fluid is around the baby's neck and if the nose area is developing properly.  When they first started the ultrasound the baby was very squirmy!  He/she was waving its little arms and legs around like a silly little baby.  But at the end of it, the sonographer said that everything looked really good. :)
Barry has the weekend off and we have to pack like fools all weekend.  I feel like we have so much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment