Hi Folks!
This will be my first entry on our little blog. Today we had the final walk through at our new house before we officially sign the papers on Friday. It was the first time we had been back at the house for a couple of weeks, and it's safe to say I missed it! While we were there we we lucky enough to meet the house owner, who was back packing up the last of their belongings. He could not have been a nicer guy. He took us around and showed us how to use the sprinkler system (I know, fancy) and the sauna (super fancy!). He also told us about the annual "Pork and Fork" event that the street has. Once a year, they close off the back alleyway and have a community get together. Each persons driveway is allocated a different task. Apparently ours is where the food tent is. They hire a band to play and decorate all the garages. Sounds like so much fun! We really feel as though we are moving into a fantastic neighbourhood. We briefly got to meet our neighbours on one side, who seem very nice. They have a tiny dog, and we learned that Ellen and I will be one of the few people in the street who don't have a canine companion. We are inheriting a doghouse in the back yard though. That will be reserved exclusively for me whenever I misbehave :)
Next big step, signing the papers on Friday. It's also my Birthday, but I feel that buying our first house together may take precedence that day. Then a busy weekend ahead of painting. We will update here to keep you all in the loop.
No comments:
Post a Comment