Saturday, June 23, 2012

The house is ours!

Well, it has been a BUSY two days!  We closed on the house on Friday afternoon and got to meet both of the previous owners.  To say they were nice is an understatement; they were just so great.  You can tell that they loved that house more than anything (they lived there for 25 years!) and were sad to see it go. They decided it was time for them to move to a townhouse to have less responsibility.  I think they felt very relieved that we loved the house so much and knew we would take good care of it.
After that, we headed straight to the store to buy paint and all of the necessary supplies.  We then headed over to Jen's to celebrate Barry's birthday dinner with her, mom, and Sophia.  Then, it was right back to the house to start taking wall paper down.  Oh boy, we did not expect that to be so difficult!  Well, the wallpaper in the bathroom peeled right off and we thought our job would be so easy.   Then we got to the master bedroom and knew we were fooled!  That wallpaper would NOT come off no matter how much we tried.  We felt like it was going to be a lost cause.
The next day, I went back to the store and got some special solution that should make the job easier and it really did help.   I am happy to say that the master bedroom is finally wallpaper free!.  We had some friends come over today to help out and were able to also get the bathroom painted as well as the first coat of paint on the nursery.  Jen will come over tomorrow to help us make even more progress.  I'm technically not supposed to be around the paint fumes, so I stuck to working on the wallpaper all day.  Tomorrow I will work on the wallpaper in the guest room while Barry and Jen do more painting. 
So far, we have met 3 neighbors and everyone is very friendly.  One neighbor even said to let him know if there was anything he could help with when we move!  I think we are really going to like our new neighborhood. :)
Ok, we are both terribly exhausted and it is time for sleeping!
Oh yeah, I've taken some 'before' pictures and will post the before and afters once we are all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment